Homemade Lip Scrub
Having a pink and plump lips is everyone’s dream while having a chapped lips is a nightmare. Not only it makes a woman less attractive but also cause discomfort. Of course Chapstick can comes in handy most of the times but if you can make it at home, why not?. There are plenty of homemade lip scrub recipes that you can look up on the internet.
1. Honey lip Scrub
Ever wonder why Winnie the Pooh’s favorite food is honey?. This is because honey have a lot of benefits, not only for health but beauty. What you need:
- A tablespoon of brown sugar or white sugar
- A dash of honey (just enough to make the sugar really stick together)
- A drop of vanilla essence (optional, just to make it smells great)
- A small container
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with honey until they stick together. Rub the scrub onto your lips to remove the dead skin. Let the scrub sit for a few minutes and then wipe off with a damp cloth. Apply lip balm after use. Store the remaining scrub into a small container.
2. Chocolate Lip Scrub Mask
If you are a chocolate lover, this recipe is definitely for you. Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar / white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 small drizzle of honey
Mix the ingredients in a small mixing bowl until a paste is formed. Rub and massage lightly on the lips. Leave the scrub for a few minutes. Wipe off with damp cloth to remove the scrub from the lips.
3. Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Who knew bubblegum can also be a flavor for lip scrub and its very simple to make. With only 4 items you can have your own bubblegum lip scrub.
- 1 tablespoon of Granulated Sugar
- ½ tablespoon of Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 drops of Bubblegum Flavoring – Can be purchased online
- 3 drops of Food Coloring (Pink -optional)
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl and once reach the consistency that you need apply the scrub to your lips. Leave it for a few minutes and wash it. The scrub can lasts about 2 months if you store it at room temperature and away from the sunlight.
4. Pumpkin Pie Spice lip scrub
Homemade lip scrub can also be made using pumpkin pie spice. Ingredients required:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. Once ready, apply to your lips and scrub away all the dead cells. Get a small container and store it at room temperature.
5. Turn your lip balm into lip scrub
This is another alternative that you can try by turning your lip balm into lip scrub. To make it you would need only 3 items.
- Lip balm of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon of granulated / Brown Sugar
Swivel the balm from the tube and mash with fork. Add sugar and coconut oil and mix together to get a paste.
So does any of the homemade lip scrub that you likes?. Let me know in the comment section below!.