You might be extra vigilant over in preventing acne, wrinkles and fine lines appearing on your face; but what about the irritating whiteheads on the nose? Whiteheads are commonly seen on the nose and chin area, and it is actually not to difficult to remove whiteheads.
If you are whiteheads and not sure why you are having them, here’s why:
- Hormonal changes – The tendency of you having whiteheads is higher if you are going through puberty or hormonal changes.
- Products – Keep track of the products that you are using.
- Excess oil in the pores – When the skin is too oily, it became a breathing ground for bacteria. This makes it possible for whiteheads to form on the skin.
- Dead skin – Exfoliate regularly to unclog your skin and prevent any potential whiteheads from forming.
Now you know some of the reasons why whiteheads are form. Next, let’s have a look on how you can get rid of these irritating whiteheads.
Simple Remedies to Remove Whiteheads
If you went for facial before, you’d know dermatologists and spas uses facial steaming to opens up the pores before performing extraction. By steaming the face and opening up the pores, it is easier to remove the whiteheads as well as other dirt and bacteria that are caught under the skin. You can either purchase a facial steaming machine or improvise and make your own.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Once the water comes to a boil, pour the water into a clean container.
- Place your face over the container and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Once done, pay dry with a clean towel afterwards.
Clay mask is effective in absorbing the excessive oil in the skin and get rid of whiteheads. Apply the clay mask on your nose, or whole face if you like, and rinse it off after 15 minutes later. Some clay mask can be drying to the skin, so do remember to apply moisturizer afterwards.
Sugar is a well-known exfoliates as it helps to remove dead skin cells and dirt that are caught underneath the skin. You’ll find a wide range of sugar scrub in the market. Alternatively, go ahead and make your own homemade sugar scrub. For a simple sugar scrub, all you need are sugar and honey.
When it comes to scrub, oatmeal is definitely on the top of the list. If you take a closer look at the products in the market, you’d notice a lot of them contain oatmeal as part of their ingredients. This is because oatmeal is an excellent exfoliate in removing dead skin and bacteria left on the skin. Instead of spending big bucks on these products, go ahead and DIY your own oatmeal scrub.
- Blend the oatmeal until it turns into oatmeal powder.
- Mix is with unflavoured yoghurt and stir until it turns into paste consistency.
- Apply on the skin and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and followed by cold water to close the pores.
Tea Tree Oil
On top of its anti-bacterial properties, tea tree oil can effectively removes whiteheads too.
- Place a few drops of tea tree oil on cotton swab.
- Dab the tea tree oil on affected areas.
- Place the cotton swab on the skin and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water afterwards.
If you are looking for some really cheap yet effective remedies, try baking soda then. Baking soda is effective in getting rid of whiteheads by unclogging the pores. Gradually pour water into baking soda till it turns into a thick paste and massage onto the skin.
There are so many more ways to get rid of those whiteheads on the nose, and there are just some of the simple remedies that you can try. Have you tried any of these methods to remove whiteheads? Share with us at the comment box below.